Dr. Paul Fitzgerald, M.D.
350 Parnassus Avenue, Suite 710
San Francisco, CA 94117
415 665 1136
- Menopause & Hormone Replacement Therapy
- 5 Questions and Answers on Male Hypogonadism and Testosterone Deficiency
- Addison’s Disease
- Hypothyroidism: Diagnosis & Treatment
- Journal of Clinical Oncology Paper
- Embolization of a large secretory paraganglioma
- Diabetes Caused By Protease Inhibitor Therapy for HIV/AIDS
- Acromegaly & Gigantism
- Hemoglobin A1c Testing
- Hyperparathyroidism therapy with cinacalcet
- Introduction to Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma
- Graves Disease Symptoms & Treatment
- Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCSF
- Nationally board-certified in both Internal Medicine and Endocrinology & Metabolism.
- Author of 15 editions of the "Endocrine Disorders" chapter for the textbook Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment (CMDT), and 3 editions of a chapter for Basic and Clinical Endocrinology.
- Editor of two editions of Handbook of Clinical Endocrinology.
Category Archives: Thyroid
Google and the UCSF Department of Medicine commissioned me to write a Knol entitled “Hypothyroidism.” I’ve included some excerpts here, but you may wish to see the entire knol, which provides more details and includes sections on hypothyroidism in children … Continue reading
Graves disease is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism in the United States. Other causes of hyperthyroidism include multinodular goiter, toxic solitary nodules of the thyroid, and functioning thyroid cancer. Rare causes for hyperthyroidism include TSH-secreting pituitary tumors, struma ovarii, … Continue reading